I utilize an integrative approach to treatment because not one a single therapeutic approach works for each client in all situations. By pulling techniques from different therapy modalities, I am able to provide individuals with personalized strategies that enhance insight and alleviate feelings of distress. Contact me today to see how I can help.
Common Mental Health Concerns addressed in therapy:
- General Anxiety, Worries, Fears (phobias), Social Anxiety, & Perfectionism
- Depression, Guilt, Sadness, Decreased Motivation, Worthlessness, & Hopelessness
- Grief & Loss
- Poor Self-Esteem & Self-Image
- Relationship Difficulties/Conflicts
- Attention Deficits
- Academic or Occupational Concerns
- Trauma & Post-Traumatic Stress
- Readjustment to Life Following Military Deployment or Retirement from Active Service
- Life Transitions (i.e. Break-Ups, Divorce/Separation, Moving, Job Changes, Mid-Life & Empty Nesting)
Individual Therapy for Teenagers
Teenagers face many challenges in today’s world due to academic, social, parental, and societal pressures. Everyone encounters times when they feel they are struggling. However, if your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are negatively impacting your quality of life, this could be a sign of a mental health difficulty. Psychotherapy with a mental health professional provides teens with a safe place to identify, express and explore their personal challenges, identity/sexuality questions, social issues/pressures, personality attributes, and family relationships.
Reasons for Teens to Seek Psychotherapy Services:
- Feeling easily overwhelmed, stressed out, and/or consumed by worry
- Changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Social challenges
- Changes in grades
- Feeling alone, lonely or like you don’t fit in
- Loss of motivation
- Low self-esteem
- Questions related to sexuality or gender identity
- Feelings of sadness, apathy, or loss of interest
- Difficulty focusing or completing tasks
- Increased irritability or changes in mood
I offer psychotherapy to teens ages 15 and older. Although I am also trained in conducting psychological assessments of attention, learning, and mood disorders, I do not currently offer these services. However, referrals can be made in order to determine if your teen would benefit from receiving educational accommodations. Contact me today to see how I can help.
My Personal Theory of Therapy
Mind Balance Psychology Center LLC
5755 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta GA 30022
Individual therapy consists of one-on-one meetings between the therapist and client.
Couples & Family Therapy
Therapy to treat relational distress whether it be between couples or within a family unit.